The car wasn't ready this morning so I being me, a sciencey type, decided to conduct an experiment in public transportation. I decided to take the bus to work to A) see if it was feasible and b) economical. So it is about a 30 minute walk from my house to bus stop. So I kissed every one goodbye and answered Pookie's "where car go?" question for the 100th time then set forth on my quest. Of course I missed the bus by like 2 minutes so had to wait a half hour for the next one. So as I sat at the bus stop and watched everyone look at me strange.
He seems reasonable, why is he taking the bus - probably unemployed or jury duty. So I got on the bus 2.50 for fare seems a bit steep.
So I ask for transfer .15 - swear in some random language - not spanish - good chance driver is native speaker.
Don't have change for the transfer indicating that I will have to hoof it across 410 to work - alright. Bus ride is alright but takes about 15 minutes.
Get dropped off walk down to corner and go under 410 - then make my way along the sidewalk less street to work - check in and scan my badge.
Get to work, so total riding bus took 1.5 hours to get to work and cost 2.50. Contrast to driving which takes 15-20 minutes top and prob costs about 0.86 in gas (at $3.45 a gallon) not really convenient or economical. Maybe next time I'll try a bike. Good thing the car was done so J and the kids could come pick me up after work.
He seems reasonable, why is he taking the bus - probably unemployed or jury duty. So I got on the bus 2.50 for fare seems a bit steep.
So I ask for transfer .15 - swear in some random language - not spanish - good chance driver is native speaker.
Don't have change for the transfer indicating that I will have to hoof it across 410 to work - alright. Bus ride is alright but takes about 15 minutes.
Get dropped off walk down to corner and go under 410 - then make my way along the sidewalk less street to work - check in and scan my badge.
Get to work, so total riding bus took 1.5 hours to get to work and cost 2.50. Contrast to driving which takes 15-20 minutes top and prob costs about 0.86 in gas (at $3.45 a gallon) not really convenient or economical. Maybe next time I'll try a bike. Good thing the car was done so J and the kids could come pick me up after work.

No comments:
Post a Comment