Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 10 - Mean Green

So the car is back and we are mobile again. A couple of days ago J and I watched the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, which a number of people have recommended. It is a great documentary regarding health, diet, etc as told though the eyes of an Australian fellow, who loves food but realizes he is killing himself - so comes to the US to go on a 60 day juice fast. So a friend of J's who has a juicer mixed up a batch of what I'll call "mean green" (spinach, kale, ginger, apples, cucumber, etc). While it looks like watered down grass clippings it does taste pretty good - was a little tart but that is OK with me.

I also got some good news at late in the afternoon today at work as I received an internal grant to do a pilot study using whole-exome sequencing, which should be exciting. Plus, I got a copy of Charles Mann's new book 1493, which made the week start to end on a high note.


No comments: