Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 11 - Too close for comfort

By now everyone knows that this has been the worst fire season in Texas history, also the hottest summer on record, and Rick Perry is running for president - coincidence, I don't think so. J called me this afternoon to let me know that there was a fire near our house. Actually 5 miles from our house. You could of course watch live on the Internet too. It was still burning when I got home. I stopped at the grocery store to pick something up for J and this is just a little south of where the fire is. The smoke got larger as I got near home. Luckily, it was going in the opposite direction and no one's house got burned - although it did destroy a warehouse and Citibank had to be evacuated. The only drawback with all this smoke is it playing heck on everyone's allergies and is causing everyone to be a little cranky at having to be shut up inside again.

From Potranco and 1604

The dark thing in the corner of the house across the street is smoke from the fire.

I came home and had a beer - Shiner Bock in a Moose Drool cup

No comments: