Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PD: Day 80 - Frustration about living in the 20th century in 2009

So today, I thought I would take care of my frustration with the "Man". So I headed out to get the car inspected - for a fiercely independent state, Texas can be quite bureaucratic. It is one of those catch-22s, we really don't care what you are doing as long as we know what it is. So I go to the tax collectors office, they have moved - it would be nice if they update their internet information more than 6 months after, they probably had to lay the guy off. So I go up to the new office, they don't take credit cards - ironically you can pay on-line with a credit card just not in person - so if you steal someone's credit card on the internet you can use to pay for your registration. I'm not sure why they just don't the clerks access the internet and enter the info. Of course I'm a new resident so I have to go in person. My checkbook is at work - so that is it for today, I will come back tomorrow.

I get to work submit the mtDNA manuscript, talk a little about the upcoming abstract for the next thing. So I spend the day waiting. I eat lunch - talk to J - she is doing OK. Trying to keep it together with four kids can be difficult on occasion. Of course Blossom has become houdini and can escape from the cage. I do some more edits on things. Then I head home - we have fried rice with bacon. How can anything with bacon be wrong. I'm semi veg - I eat bacon. The boys take a bath while C and I chill. I get her to sleep while watching New Jersey housewives - what a train wreck that show is. At least origianally the Orange county ones got a long. Then X and I go upstairs and sleep. I read a little of my new book Zoo Station. Then conk out.

No comments: