Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PD: Day 81 - Grranimals!!

So I start off the day by heading out to get the car registered. This went fine, there was one extra piece of paper work that I didn't have but still have so the lady asked me to fill it out and then come stand next to her line. This didn't go over well with the bitchy lady who was at the front of the line but the clerk let her know that it was OK. So that went smoothly the car is now Texan. Then off to the Driver's license place, which is clear across town. Now what I don't understand is why don't they think you might want to do both things at the same time and perhaps just maybe new residents are "required by law" to do both within 30 days, it might be more efficient to have them at the same place. Just saying here - perhaps if government was more efficient it wouldn't always be broke and need higher taxes. So I head over, I have everything including my passport but they also require a social security card, let's see anyone with a HP color printer and some green paper can get a Social Security card but it actually takes a tremendous amount of effort to get a US passport - it is why they are one of the most valued items on the black market and personal identity theft. So why do you need both, so it looks like I'm going to come back later. There are days when I f*C&^ng hate big brother. This is also probably why I didn't want to get a Texas license in the first place. Grranimals. So off to work I go, pissed and frustrated. The only positive was the very nice about it - so I don't blame her, I actually blame the politicians who justify elaborate this crap just to stay in office.

So I got to work, I'm still waiting for some stuff to get done, so I work on a few other things. Some edits and then check some other works in progress. I do a Mantel test with the Y-chromosome and mtDNA for the Chibchan paper. That takes a little time. I wonder if I should do some geographic/gene tests as well - to see if they match. I will think about it. Then another check of the progress and this is like watching paint dry - it has done 10 families in 6 hours, grranimals. After that head home, have dinner and a beer. I needed it. Then the girls take a tub, get everybody dressed and we watch So you think you can dance. The kids really like this show and it is not American Idol. After that we head up to bed. C is wired like a tiger and won't go to sleep. Grranimals. I finally get her to sleep around 10 and pass out myself.

No comments: