Monday, June 1, 2009
PD: Day 79 - Your Neck of the Woods
J and I both woke up around the same time and putzed around the house. I worked on Sudoku, which is my favored form of relaxation. On the today show, Al Roker mentioned something about your neck of the woods and J wondered where that came from. Apparently is an 18th century American English invention to distuinguish them from the British (Check out this link and this one) for more info. Apparently Al uses the expresssion a lot. Then off to work, I'm doing the registration/liscence thing/draw and quartered thing tomorrow. I work on the manuscript proposal, wow heart rate is confusing and somewhat easy to publish on, if you look at these paper. Oh, we have LOD score of 1.63421. In the afternoon, I do a quick SAMOVA for the mtDNA paper and make some edits. Head home but stop off to pick a chicken - not really a chicken more of a game hen. Then eat. J runs out to do the grocery shopping. I give C a bath. During all this, the boys form a rock band - the Snakes - have a tiff at which X decided to leave the band because he does not want to play only tamborine but wants to play the guitar. So X forms his own band the X-men (although it is a sole act) - then the boys make up and decide to have a concer for J when she gets home. X is more of a rocker and does it self styled song X-men for mom, whereas the Snakes are more emo - a much softer new agey feel. Sometimes the creativity in the imangination of children astounds me. Let's just hope they don't grow up to be like Oasis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment