Woke up and worked out. I'm still a little behind after my self exposed computer exile over the weekend. The work out is surprisingly hard, I suppose that is what happens when you take a week off from working out. I head into the office, still no new PC so I will have to wait tomorrow or the next day for a new computer. I mostly work on some odds and ends that I have laying around that need to get done. I head to a meeting in the afternoon and I now have an abstract I need to get done pronto before I leave next week, although the results are cool but a quick turn around. I also need to come up with a proposal and get permission from the various committees. So I have that to look forward to. As the saying goes, when it rains it pours but now I have pub #4 in the works.
I head home in the evening and stop by the local ubiquitous Wal-Greens, I'm amazed how one city can keep so many different franchises of the same type afloat. I pick up skittles and starbursts and some breath mints. Then I head home. J needs to go out grocery shopping when I get home. After the busy weekend we just didn't have time. So I prepare myself. I'm not sure what she fed the kids but they are acting like they mainlined sugar and are now crack-meth-heroin addicted spider monkeys. They are all over the place. Finally, J returns, riding a steel horse of sanity into the midst of chaos and the kids settle down. Around 9 they go to sleep. I spend a little time watching the NBA playoffs, although my team is out of it. Damn you Steve Kerr and your meddling with the Suns, who cares if they couldn't play defense at least they were fun to watch. Now I have to watch a bunch of geriatics run up and down the floor after popping geritol. Granted I shouldn't talk as I'm older then most of these guys but hey youth is fleeting. Then it is off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment