- Volunteer - This still hasn't happened - working and being a father have sucked up the majority of my time at the moment. I still think Meals on Wheels would be a good place to start.
- Pay down debt - Still paying, and now students loans are due - welcome to to the modern day indentured servitude.
- Be a more patient father - This is a work in progress, I find I'm more patient when I excercise and as much as I hate the smiley face of Leslie Sanson in the morning I have to admit it does provide me with energy.
- Read two books a month - This is actually fairly difficult, unless you count childrens literature of which I read a mammoth amount every week. My favorite still is Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. And let the Wild Rumpus begin. This months book was Th1rte3n by Richard Morgan.
- Publish, Publish, Publish - I'm done with two papers, one that has been turned down a couple of times. The second one is out to the authors. A third will be done this month.
- Be a more substantive blogger - The whole Postdoc diary has provided me with motavation, now if I can just keep this up.
- Take a vacation - Next week we will be going back to Kansas for graduation, which will be fun. Honestly, it feels like so long ago though. It is a weird feeling moving on and a lifetime has passed since I was there. I also have to go Hawaii for work, bummer.
- Find a hobby - The garden is up, I learned a new word "hugelkulture", and things are actually growing, whether or not they will survive the Texas heat is yet to be seen.
- Spend one on one time with my kids every week - We continue to work on this as well. At least we get some one on one time. I think it is very important for X as he responds the most to it. C also likes it. S is getting better at not trying to take over. L sleeps through most of it or has a bowel movement. Hey I have that effect on some people.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Resolution Roundup April 2009 # 4
Let's check in and see how the old philmesister von deten von milton the 4th is doing with ye olde resolutions this month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment