Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Postdoc Diary: Day 38 - Capoeira
Woke up and did our new morning routine, walking away the pounds. I still feel gooberish but less so. Then off to work. Today, X starts Capoeira, which is the Brazilian martial art. We decided to do this as a confidence building exercise with him and so he has something to do while his brother is off cavorting in school (maybe - we are still exploring the home school option). He has a grand time, and J has met a number of AP moms in St Anto. who also have their kids in the class - so they go on a play date with them. I get the references done but this takes a considerbale amount of time. I probably should have used Endnote - but by placing the references in at the end - it forces me to proof read the paper. Get that done and go to this website to create a map http://www.aquarius.geomar.de/omc/make_map.html. Nifty put it takes me a little time. Head home, hang with the wife and kids a little bit. I feel strangely energetic. Check the garden it is doing good. Also, the local trash compnay is now recyling, yeah - we get a bin fill it and they pick it up. Today, was a good day - I didn't have to use my AK in the words of 20th century poet Ice Cube. Granted I would prefer an SKS but I'm pretty sure that is no go with J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment