Monday, April 20, 2009

Postdoc Diary: Day 37 - The path back from Gooberville

So I woke up this morning and J and I swore to ourselves we would exercise. I'm overweight, well I'm a svelte BMI 25.5, which means I'm borderline. So J picked up a video, walking away the pounds or something. We tossed this in around 6:30 and began to walk. How can these people so happy? Are these smiles artificially plastered on their faces, is this some CGI effect and Randy how did they rope you into this? free donuts. Oh well if you ever have watched one of these videos you know what I'm talking about, goobers. Or are they. After doing the workout maybe I'm the goober because my thighs are killing me and I'm sore. Holy cow I'm out of shape. Chug a jug of java and head to work. I'm determined to finish that darn paper.

I alternate between this and the paper. I get that done. Kickass, the discussion and conclusion are done. Now just the references. I head home, have a celebratory glass of Chianti - not that fantastic. Then bathe C, get the other kids ready for bed, we watch the Alphabet show and go to bed.

No comments: