Saturday, April 11, 2009

Postdoc Diary - Day 28: Stay in - Saturday Sort of

Woke up around 6:30 to let the dogs out, then came downstairs and no one was up. So I cleaned the dishes, made some coffee and tried to pick up a little around the house. A little later J and L came down to join me and we watched the evil brain sucker channel VH1. For the love of God, would someone please tell Ray-J that his sister has the talent and not him. I refuse to mention the name of that song. Anyway, we spend the morning cleaning getting the weeks laundry put away and organizing the boys clothing. So we get that done. Then we decide to go to Costco after lunch - this is becoming a weekly event but I love Costco - free snacks. We have creamed eggs over English muffins for lunch - actually really good. Then we head out - note to self the day before Easter in a largely Catholic community is not advised as everything is closed on Easter. So we get to Costco roust the sleeping kids and head inside. We need dog and cat food, some cleaning supplies, butter. This is should be a quick trip but this is S.A. home of the time vortex stores so we spend about an hour in there.

We get outside and J is hungry for a spicy chicken sandwich - so in search of a Whataburger we go. We also realize that some one has offered us some plants and we need to pick those up. So after we get pack home - J has to go back out and run to the store. When she gets home, I promised X I would take him for a walk. We talk a little, he informs me when we grows up he is going to have two kids and name them Jake and Lily. We then go pack to a discussion about Asteroids and our favorite planets. He is fond of Saturn and I like Neptune. We then pretend we are astrounauts trying to get back to Earth. We get home and J realizes she needs to go grocery shopping. So after a late dinner and a viewing of the Tales of Desperaux - a movie the kids loved but I'm unsure of, she heads out. I get the kids to sleep through some coniving paternal plan about how the faster they go to sleep the faster Easter will be here.

When J gets home - apparently HEB was a madhouse, she spent a half hour in line but at least she didn't fall asleep in the aisles - we unload the groceries. After that we decide to finish watching This is Spinal Tap. J has never seen it and I keep wondering whether if Anvil - The Story of Anvil is real. Apparently, it is like a real life Spinal Tap. So we decide to watch it. Spinal Tap has become such an interwined movie in pop culture. Mention Stone Henge and I think of Druids and little dwarves on stage or Amps that go to 11. Metallica even had a black album. So it will be interesting to see if Anvil becomes famous. Anyway, after that we take a romantic bath together, then go to sleep.

No comments: