Sunday, April 12, 2009

Postdoc Diary: Day 29 - Easter

L woke me up around 6:00 and I brought here downstairs for her morning nosh session. After that S and X came down discussing Easter. I went back upstairs and slept in until 9:30 success. Of course we had friends coming over at 11 and the house need a massive cleaning overhaul. Uh-oh but at least I'm refreshed. So I head downstairs with J and clean the kitchen up. We then get ready for Easter. The kids are hyped about the idea of an Easter egg hunt and we keep them somewhat placated. The one thing I've never understood is the Bunny - Egg - JC connection. Who thought this up - Easter - Resurrection - lets do eggs from a rabbit, which are mammals and give live birth and vegetarian - well except the Monty Python one. Truthfully, the Easter Bunny creeps me out. Here are some pictures from our Easter experience.

J and C taste test the home made whipped cream that J made. Oh so good.

The kids prepare themselves for the hunt. C, S, X, and Sph

Sph and C check out the Easter loot.

L and J - I just like this picture!

X working on a stomach ache.

The aftermath.

We had a pretty good Easter and the sugar rush of the kids wasn't overwhelming they went to bed on time and everything. J made a great dinner and some wines that I don't remember - too much Holiday Cheer.

No comments: