1. Materials and Methods (mtDNA)
- Interpopulation
- Intrapopulation
3. Discussion and Conclusion (mtDNA)
4. References (mtDNA)
5. Fix tailights on XL-7
6. Trim the Hedge
7. Find Bindery for dissertation in S.A.
8. Chrm 9 Hrt Rate
- Run Polygenic screen on hrtrate (ALL)
- Run SNP covar (AZ, DK, OK)
- Run polygenic screen on remaining sixteen variables
- Run bivariate on remaining seventeen variables
- Run Genome-wide screen for I-CAM
11. Fax claim
Decide to scan my e-mail. Look a "rapid" rejection letter from the article I submitted last week. Grr, I'm surprisingly bummed about it. Granted it was to a high profile journal but the article was pretty good. OK enough over analyzing. I need to review N's abstract as it is due today, but didn't know about it until yesterday.
It's on the Rama, that's good - overall pretty good but I make a few changes and then send him the edits. Then back to work on the Hrt rate and MAPP data. I go ahead and finish of the genome-wide screen for ICAM. There's not a lot there, which is a bummer as that seemed promising. I look at the polygenic traits and started running the snp covar for the Chromosome 9 stuff. This will probably take most of the morning. My boss stops by to suggest some different journals with suitable impact factors to submit to. I look into them and would have to hack either 1,000 to 2,000 words off the manuscript - ouch. After discussing it with my her some more we decide on a new journal that focuses exclusively on heart disease related genetics. This artcile sounds like a good match for it and we will get in on the ground floor of the journal (hopefully - knock on wood and all that). Another co-worker calls with a poster she has ready on a paper being presented next week at a conference. So I look over that, only a few minor changes that I can see right off the bat. OK that's done hopefully move on from that. Call J but she has left to bring a new mom some food.
My officemate rolls in at his usual time and we discuss the tournament. KU has made it to the sweet sixteen and we are happy, we talk a little about our weekends. I can still taste the steak from Saturday. After lunch I really need to fix the brake light on the XL-7 and mail something from the post office - so I head out to do that. Try Wally World Mart for the brake light - nope so head to Autozone - success. I also need an air filter so I pick one of those up as well. Head to the Post Office and mail off the form. OK back to work. The computer is slow and I'm killing the machine (softly) as I keep getting errors. OK, fix that, close a bunch of things. Still slow but it works. Wrap up and start to head home.
Headed home without incident, replaced the brake light in the XL-7 so that's off the list. Talked to J about her day and her visit to the other new mom. She bought her homemade yogurt, homemade bread, chicken noodle soup from scratch, salad, and granola for desert - wow someone is a competitive feeder. We had pork chops and bread. We also broke open the wine of the week, which is Montes Cherub rose of syrah. This is a rose with a little sparkling flavor. Not that bad overall. After dinner give C her bath, convene a meeting of the nightly reading club. I also promised S, I would play with him and X. So we played hot wheels (beat that!) and Star Wars before bedtime. Then off to bed, where I collapse onto the bed.
Here are a few web posts to check out.
Theory of evolution faces new debate -why does this debate follow me everywhere I go. Future blog post: Dolores Umbridge and the Texas Board of Education.
The Obamas to eat what they grow - glad I'm not the only one planning to grow my own food. What the heck does "chuffed" mean. According to J, excited. OK then.
KU ready to beat Michigan State? I don’t think so - looks like Whitlock probably picked West Virgina to go to the final four.
No comments:
Post a Comment