Sunday, April 3, 2011

2011 Resolution Roundup #3 - Wait a second here.

So I just realized it was April, wait a second we are already through the 1st quarter. I'm starting to feel like the US congress, in capable of getting things done. I suppose I actually did get things done, I had a paper accepted for publication, and I'm writing a summary paper for the group I was in it at the genetic analysis workshop. I also have other things going as well as being a parent. We also got new phones with cameras, so now that I've joined the 21st century I can now regale you with photos of the kids, without having to hunt around for the camera than get the gets to pose etc. These phones also text so I currently learning to hunt and peck on a keyboard that it takes an electron microscope to see, but it is convenient. Here are pictures of the kids.

S demonstrating his muscles or lack thereof.

My kids are like monkeys they love trees, a return to our arboreal past.

The whole gang of primates up a tree.

On his steel horse he rides - I have no idea why he looks like an escapee from Cops.

The other members of S's biker gang.

Pooks on her special day out with me, hamming it up for the camera.

Here are the resolutions:

Personal Fitness
1) Do P90X at least once this year: So I have actually been really good at that and my fitness has improved, I just finished week 6 and am about half way through week 7. The spare tire I'm lugging around would appear to have been reduced from semi-truck size to more of small Asian radial tire. I do like these DVDs as they are different and hard enough to really make you work. I'm much better at the Yoga and now really only have a hard time doing things that require me to balance on a single leg.


2) Learn to Jog: This will probably start sometime in the fall after the hear.

Finance
3) Go to a cash-based only system for at least 3 months out of the year: This will start next month.


4) Don't eat out for at least 3 months of the year: ditto.

Professional
5) Publish an article from my Ph.D. dissertation: I still have a talk to give this month and another paper to submit before I can get to this but I will write this.


6) Organize a symposium for a meeting: This is still simmering.

Family:
7) Sunday Dinners: This kinda of fell of  a little this month, hopefully we can be better at this.

8) Spend one on one time with each child, each month: I was going to spend time with C last month but swapped and ended up taking L on her special day, she was so happy the whole day - We got a puzzle, which she loves. The only sad thing was when I was putting her to bed she kept crying to her self, special day over.

Other
9) Begin writing a novel: I have an idea, I may have to wait until I'm 60 to implement it though.

10) Blog at least once a week: I suck at blogging, end of story - maybe some day I will motivate myself to write about these things again.

11) Read 13 Non-fiction books this year: I actually took a break and read the last 2 Harry Potters again, I'm re-reading the 6th one to the chitlins and we are almost done with that one - then on to the last one, hopefully by the time the last movie is out on DVD.
.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poor Pooks. She was so sad her special day with Daddy was over.

CVG said...

Now we know why Sandra Boynton wrote the book "What's Wrong little Pookie?"
http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Little-Pookie-Sandra-Boynton/dp/B001VF9T32/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1301930745&sr=8-32

Adam said...

Considering everything else you do, it's 1 blog a month is a pretty good accomplishment. I'm glad to see there's a Texas chapter of family bikers. Ride on S; ride on.

CVG said...

Thanks for the support Adam. Anyway, does our family biker gang have jackets - cause S wants one with a Rocker of the family crest.