Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2011 Resolution Roundup #2 What do you mean its March already!

Once again I failed miserably at blogging this month, granted if anyone wants to come hang it out with my four kids for a couple hours a week so I can write away from work that would be nice. I did have a relatively productive month, as I was able to get a manuscript resubmitted from my GAW17 presentation that had minor comments that turned into major revisions caused by a little thing that led to big type one error (the statisticians will know what this means). I also received a small grant to do some work looking at Y-chromosome variation in Mennonites, which is complimentary to some earlier work I did with mtDNA. This month also saw L turn 2, wow she is growing up fast, currently talking in between bites of "puckles and cheez", we had to get a lock for the fridge just so the rest of us could eat. Anyway, here is the state of things in my world this month.

Personal Fitness
1) Do P90X at least once this year: My sister had a copy of this and sent me the DVDs, so that I could do them. Right now I just finisished week two and am feeling better about myself. I just wish I could finish the Yoga but the 45 minutes of vinysas are killing me and my shoulders. Although I suppose if you work out a day every day for 12 weeks you are bound to be more fit than when you started.


2) Learn to Jog: Perhaps if a bear, a lion, a tiger, and a CEO were chasing me.

Finance
3) Go to a cash-based only system for at least 3 months out of the year: I've narrowed this down to the same three months for not eating out May, June, and October - although I may have to go to KS at some point to be determined for the grant thing.


4) Don't eat out for at least 3 months of the year: This is the same as above for the same reasons.

Professional
5) Publish an article from my Ph.D. dissertation: I swear this will come back to haunt me but I have to prepare for a talk I'm giving in April and write a paper before I can get to this.

6) Organize a symposium for a meeting: This is even farther on the back burner than it was last month.

Family:
7) Sunday Dinners: Once again very successful, I would like my ties back from the boys though as I keep finding them around the house.

8) Spend one on one time with each child, each month: Both J and I have worked out a plan to implement this so it probably be two each month but for a longer time each week. Up this week I have C girl.

Other
9) Begin writing a novel: Read the intro and get back to me.

10) Blog at least once a week: Once again epic fail even though I did come up with some cool titles "Darwin leaves the Shire" was going to be about the biography I read of Darwin's early life and "Four the love of Anth" regarding a post on why I'm an anthropologist (or at least view myself as one). Of course now that I've outed myself maybe the guilt will kick in and I will actually write them.

11) Read 13 Non-fiction books this year: I finished the Darwin book and am currently reading "Godel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid" by Douglas Hofstader, perhaps I need to read less dense books to get through this.
.

No comments: