Monday, May 25, 2009

PD: Day 72 - Memorial Day at home

Today is a holiday. To be truthful, I don't really like holidays - they screw up the flow of my week and make me further behind on things I need to accomplish. Don't get me wrong I like spending time with my kids and J but I'm somewhat of a workaholic and uber goal oriented so when forced relaxtion may be necessary but doesn't mean I'm going to be happy about it. Woke up today around 6:30 to let the dogs out, L has had some allergies so she has a hard time breathing at night and J is now an insomniac, thinking about too much. I have solved that problem and can go to sleep at the drop of a hat. Mostly putz around in the morning, doing some chores - trying to keep the kitchen clean, which is a never ending battle against toddler and pets. I also put laundry away - two weeks worth can be time consuming. I finish my book and start reading another. I also do a couple of sudoku puzzles (S likes to draw faces in the boxes). The kids head outside and become mud people - then back into to hose them off. After lunch, J makes some carrot curry soup to take to a new mom and goes grocery shopping. I hang with the kids and watch a Total Drama Island video. S goes outside and becomes a mud person again - shower and a quick respite to his room for not listening. S tries to pick up the cat, the cat freaks and dumps the water dish and all the cat food on the floor. S gets a stern talking too for not listening. J comes home with L and we have dinner. C and I take a bath upstairs, then everyone gets ready for bed. S fires me as his father - twice. I tell him I'm moving to Australia and go upstairs. I take C and X upstairs to put to bed. C comes due to a thunderstorm and stays awake for a couple of hours. Around 3, everyone gets to sleep. I think, J may have been up longer.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yes, I'm getting sick of watching the sun rise.