1. Discussion and Conclusion (mtDNA)
2. References (mtDNA)
3. Find Bindery for dissertation in S.A.
4. Chrm 9 Hrt Rate
- Run QTLD (AZ, All)
- SNP LD for DK-OK
- Run polygenic screen on remaining sixteen variables
- Run bivariate on remaining sixteen variables
- Run bivariate on Visits 1 and 3
7. Student Loan info for LRP - KU Endowment, KU Bursar's Office
I stay home so I can do the loan stuff first. Call the KU Bursar's office but no one is answering, so after the third time. I give up and send an e-mail and head to work. I need to start on the SNP LD for OK. I recieved that info late last night and I want to make sure that the significant hits for the SNPs I have are not in linkage disequilbrium - which can convulte why they may statistically significant. For the OK sample I have 187 significant hits out of about 2000 but I need to line them. I try Microserf Access to no avail. Why can't they use actual SQL for their commands rather than this funky visual basic stuff they have to throw in. Grrr. OK try PEDSYS, but that doesn't work either. So I go for the tried and true method of matching them by hand in Excel. After that I'm blind. Now I need to run the LD command in Solar but I need to create a map with the basepair position of the SNPs. So I create that, but I'm having problems. After about an hour of fussing with that I figure it out.
I also get an e-mail from the Bursar's office, so I go ahead and call and get that stuff done. Call the Endowment get that stuff done so I can cross that off my list. Then I get back to working on the LD stuff. I'm still having problems so I modify the SNP file, then rerun it through freq mle and do the SNP covar -nohaplos command. This seems to be working. Of course by now it is 5:30 and I still need to go to the grocery store. J has been having some difficulty with the kids all day. They seem a little uppity and S just does not want to learn his ABCs. X already knows more and C is a close second, followed by L, and then S. At one level we don't want to push him so he doesn't learn but for two people who love to read it can be difficult and trying to teach someone something we find comes naturally.
I get home a little late and the kids have already started eating. X, C, and I have salmon and lentil salad. S, X, and C also have a peanut butter and banana sandwich - they must be pregnant -gross. J has a lentil salad. Then it is time for J to take a walk with L, while I bath C and get the boys to clean their rooms. Goes OK. I get some hot milky, they have a dancey dance party to some 80s' music on the Retroactive music channel. Cute. Then upstairs until lights out at 8:30. I read them Harry Potter. I must have read the first four chapters of this book 16 times by now. They generally lose interest and want goodnight moon or S wants dinosuars of the flaming cliffs (a nonfiction book - takes after his old man). I fall asleep in S's bedroom with X and S. J comes wakes me up so I don't miss the 80s show. I come downstairs and fall asleep listening to Eddie Grant Electric Avenue. J wakes me around 11 and L and I head upstairs to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment