- Volunteer - This still hasn't happened - working and being a father have sucked up the majority of my time at the moment. Although I'm thinking something with animals or maybe meals on wheels.
- Pay down debt - still so far so good, no use of credit yet - maintaining the status quo
- Be a more patient father - I'm trying, although the lack of sleep is making me somewhat cranky and edgy. Perhaps more baths with soothing salts would help. Apparently, I'm channelling my wife - who for all intensive purposes is half mermaid.
- Read two books a month - I didn't even make it through one this month. For whatever reason Prey is one of those ones I'm stuck with. It is not hard to read, it is just fracking boring.
- Publish, Publish, Publish - OK, one is submitted, number two I'm working on the discussion, three is coming along. I have an idea for four and it is a subject I'm comfortable with and the idea for five is fermenting is my disturbed little brain.
- Be a more substantive blogger - I really like the Life of Postdoc that I'm doing, it is starting to give me some insight into my strengths and weaknesses, such as my attempt to destroy the English language one blog post at a time.
- Take a vacation - We are going to graduation in Kansas. The whole family is climbing in the family truckster and heading north. Jayhawks prepare yourself to be invaded.
- Find a hobby - Gardening it is, how to create a garden on a $100 budget. Going to start with an 8' by 4' square foot garden, and a dwarf citrus tree.
- Spend one on one time with my kids every week - I'm attempting this, but my popularity when I get home is overwhelming. I realize they miss me and I'm different than mom but one at a time please. Today, I promised both X and S I would play with them, perhaps I will create a schedule it.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Resolution Roundup 3
So it's time for the March resolution roundup:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait to see you all for graduation!
Post a Comment