Sunday, April 26, 2009

PD: Day 43 - Maple Bacon Madness

Woke up this morning and decided to do the next exercise level in the Walk Away the Pounds. Wow, I'm out of shape, I should take up skateboarding again and maybe mountain bike riding, and perhaps bungee jumping. Although the latter requires no athletic skill what so ever it does require a certain amount of cojones. X and S join us for our morning work out but give up about 1/2 way through and then offer some critiques of our style. My children are like East German swimming and gymnastic judges. The fact I reference East Germany probably dates me though.

After that it is breakfast and it contains bacon. There are few things in the world that are better than bacon. A meaty treat so delicious that is been banned by two religions. Maybe if they imbibed bacon the world would be a better place. Bacon diplomacy. The kids scarf this down fairly quickly but the house has that maple bacon smell. Smells like Canada, where maple syrup apparently runs like water from the trees. At least according to J.

We have a mellow day kicking it around the house. I go out and rake. The HOA wants us to plant sod. I believe I just have to maintain the house and as there was no grass when I moved in, I don't no why I should improve it. However, it might be nice in the back as the dogs wouldn't track as much mud. We have too many trees, which keep the house cool in the summer but don't allow enough sunlight for grass to grow. It would be nice if the HOA figured that part out.

I mostly read my book and play a little with the kids. We watch the Mask, at least the boys and I do but then they wake C up. Uh oh. After that we head upstairs for bed. I lie down with X and S in S's room and we all fall asleep. At some point I migrate to my own bed, then J comes up and I go and retrieve C from downstairs. I have weird dreams about genetically altered bounty hunters and cudlips on the altiplano.

No comments: