Friday, April 24, 2009

PD: Day 41 - Fiesta Friday!!!

Today, was a holiday. So those of you not from South Texas probably have never heard of Fiesta. Like most holidays this amounts to parades and me staying home and doing jack. Not that I would have minded going but the details of trying to figure how to herd kids through a parade with 300,000 people sounds a little bit confusing. That and there is the whole swine flu media pandemic. There are however confirmed two cases in San Anton and the one thing about the flu in Mexico is that kills individuals between 25-45, the only flu known to do this in the last century was the 1918 global flu pandemic that killed between 20-100 million people worldwide. We will see how this pans out, hopefully this is more like SARs and stays away from them. I spend most of the day reading my book Th1rte3n by Rickard K. Morgan. It is quite good so far -nothing like a futuristic genetic builit bad guy, who is actually the good guy. Think Blade Runner meets GATACCA and you have a pretty good mixture. I spend some time outside with kids raking the leaves into a major compost pile for hugelkultur. After dinner heads out for her walk and we decide to get a movie. She gets Mama Mia and 7 Pounds, we decide to watch Mama Mia. Wow Pierce Bronsan cannot sing. I only tear up thinking about walking C or L down the aisle. I'm a sucker for a good chick flick that I'm somewhat genetically obligated to like ABBA and to a lesser extend Ace of Base due to my Swedish heritage. However, here is the song that got me. I'm just a big softy sometimes.


No comments: