Sunday, February 1, 2009

Resolutions Roundup

So it is Feb 1st, what a crazy month it's been. Very busy, we are still expecting a new baby month so that will be exciting. I thought I would update my resolutions list (you remember the '9 in 09').

  1. Volunteer - This hasn't happened - working and being a father have sucked up the majority of my time at the moment
  2. Pay down debt - so far so good, no use of credit yet - trying to help the economy by saving a little more.
  3. Be a more patient father - I'm working on it, We have learned that lifting Xavier at night to go to the bathroom has greatly improved his mood, although his imagination is still in overdrive. Spencer is desperate to go to school and learn something. It is impossible to be mad at Cordy, she is just too cute.
  4. Read two books a month - I'm like the turtle, I have read one book (Coalescent) and am working on a Caleb Carr novel, Angel of Darkness. Jennifer is a much faster reader than I am.
  5. Publish, Publish, Publish - I'm working on two papers (one is almost done), and am co-author on another one - so three down two to go.
  6. Be a more substantive blogger - I have actually decided to move a good portion of my blogging to a new blog on Cardiovascular Genetics and use this one to keep family and friends updated about life in Texas.
  7. Take a vacation - I would like to go back to Kansas for graduation, but we are currently trying to figure out what to do with the hounds.
  8. Find a hobby - I'm thinking gardening, fairly practical but the hobby can't involve computers - bosses orders.
  9. Spend one on one time with my kids every week - I'm still working on this but I've been playing with Xavier a lot - he likes to play Star Wars, Backyardigans, Transformers. etc. Cordy is kind of fun to hang out and read with. Spencer is a little more difficult as he is at the age where he wants to be very independent but involved with decision making but play also.

No comments: