Monday, August 22, 2011

Resolution Roundup #7 - Matisyahu edition

So this is the part of the blog where I either tell you how hot it is in Texas or how bad a blogger I am but this time I'm not going to do it. Instead I'm going to inundate you with Matishyahu videos on Youtube from the concert I went to last week. Granted, I was somewhat surprised to see an artist who sells out Madison Square Garden playing at a roadhouse in Helotes, but hey go with what you have.

This song is from the 1st encore of the night


My favorite Matisyahu song.


So July, went by pretty fast as just now I'm realizing it is August. I spent most of the month writing a grant, doing some editing, and trying to get a book chapter wrapped up - which I'm still in the process of completing.

 
Personal Fitness
1) Do P90X at least once this year: I'm waiting for the sun surface thing to stop a little - we have been taking the kids swimming and keeping an eye on four kids 8 and under in a pool can be quite a workout that makes p90x look like it is for toddlers.


2) Learn to Jog: Yeah, I'm not running anywhere - mostly cause do to the heat cause I would have to do it naked and no one wants to see that.

Finance
3) Go to a cash-based only system for at least 3 months out of the year: We are going to try this in a couple months, although supermom may not be aware of my nefarious plans.


4) Don't eat out for at least 3 months of the year: We have located at least one decent gluten free resteraunt.

Professional
5) Publish an article from my Ph.D. dissertation: This is on the salad plate at the moment and hopefully will get it submitted sometime in October or November.



6) Organize a symposium for a meeting: Kaput.

Family:
7) Sunday Dinners: We have gone somewhat stir crazy at the moment, and Leonard the neighborhood squirrel now dines with us. He even wears a little bow tie :)

8) Spend one on one time with each child, each month: This month I went out with the boys to see Thor, and there are times when X's knowledge of things amazes even me.

Other
9) Begin writing a novel : Due to recent events, it looks like the Knight Templar thing may not be such a grand idea - so I'm thinking of just writing the next Song of Ice and Fire novel.

10) Blog at least once a week: never going to blog again, guilty fingers ain't got no rythm.

11) Read 13 Non-fiction books this year: So I am now finished Dance with Dragons and am eagery awaiting spending my 1st social security chech when the next one comes out in 2056. As I've been writing a lot of non-fiction myself the last month, I've switched to reading fantasy for the summer (which apparently never ends in Texas).

till when ever

No comments: