Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wine Wednesday - Wine Tasting

Supermom, hosted a wine tasting this weekend. We survived five types of wine (1 white, 1 rose, and 3 reds) seen below. Each wine was paired with different types of food. I have ordered the wine in my preference and listed their pairings


This is what the evening started out like.


Food Pairings - Apple, smoked salmon, Jarlsberg - maybe I just liked this one because of the lox but was a good wine. A very refreshing wine and maintains a good balance without being too heavy. Nice wine for relaxing with.


cherries, mushroom spread with garlic bread, Gorgonzola (although Supermom suggests may be better with Morbier). I've already blogged about this wine


Food pairing: prunes, dark chocolate, Romano. This went best with the Romano although some others liked the dark chocolate. The kids ate most of the prunes so ended up being a humorous day as they spent a good deal of the day running to the restroom.
Food Pairing: Buttered popcorn, pumpkin and apple mouse, brie. I liked the popcorn better than the wine for this one but then I'm biased against most Chardonnays as being over done in the 80s and drunk by women with enough hairspray do have their own atmosphere.


Food pairing: raspberry, sweet potato fries, sharp cheddar. The wine sucked but the sweet potato fries were pretty good. I'm also biased against most Syrahs as I just don't like the tast of the grape and most wineries don't seem to get these right.

Of course after a wonderful evening of wine tasting (and playing for the kids) we ended up like this.

No comments: