Neanderthal DNA shown to be in 1-4 % of non-Africans. Thank God! Now all the paleoanthropologists that I've met that look like Neanderthals don't have to feel like they belong to a different species.
Here are links to people are more erudite at discussing these things and to the paper
A Draft Sequence of the Neandertal Genome - Paper #1
Targeted Investigation of the Neandertal Genome by Array-Based Sequence Capture - Paper #2
The Neandertal Genome Project - Press Info from the Max Planck Institute
Skull Caps and Genomes - The Loom
NEANDERTALS LIVE! - John Hawks
Breaking: there’s a little bit of Neandertal in all of us - Gene Expression
You're a Neanderthal: Genes say yes — a little bit - Associated Press
2 comments:
So cool. I'm sure Wolpoff and Frayer are beside themselves.
I know eh, although there are potentially some problems with there interpretations regarding admixture and a non-African sample size of 2.
Post a Comment