This month has been very busy as we now have a mobile 1 yr old and I had a conference to prepare for and present at. Of course April will be the same as well, so March will be a time to write - I have a couple of things I want to get submitted, of course in the meantime I've had to learn R, how to run scripts across several processors (1,000 at a time is a good number), write scripts, and make stellar publication figures in Photoshop. So a very busy month indeed.
1) Volunteer: This is actually becoming like those questions regarding your dissertation when you are in grad school. When you going to finish? , sometime in the ambiguous future
2) Pay down debt: One big debt has been paid off and we are hoping to sell the house in Kansas.
3) Read four books a month: Once again I only made it through two books this month. My Dead Body by Charlie Huston, for whatever reason I seem to be into Vampire books (maybe because I'm convinced I'm married to one - there are times when I feel a little peckish). This book was the last of the Joe Pitt series when everything comes to the forefront and the Vampire tribes of New York are at war with each other and there are weird starved vampire mutants that will pretty much eat anything. I do like the idea of Vampire Noir and I like that Huston doesn't seem to believe in paragraphs or traditional English prose, which can be refreshing. On the flip side I read Dan Brown's novel the Last Symbol - which is just OK, as it seems a little out there about some of the Science presented and that he appears to be trying to atone for The DaVinci Code. To be fair, if I hadn't forgot it before I left for the conference I would have finished another book but that will go into the March file.
4) Publish: The status of this is pretty much the same as last month - two in press, one submitted, one in limbo, and I guess four more in prep at this time - don't ask, I'm pretty much insane. These span areas from differences in biological age measures, to Central America, and a couple of Cardiovascular disease articles.
5) Clean the Garage: This is becoming a reality of course the more I take out, the more stuff comes into the garage - it would appear to be a weird law of empty space.
6) Get Maintenance done on the cars: The cars are now both officially mobile and legal. This is a huge relief as trying to figure out the logistics of moving people around and picking up was a bit of a hasslee.
7) Catch up on a boatload of TV shows, mostly beginning with B: We only made it through Lost Season #5, this month as we wanted to catch up before the new season - so we could understand what people were talking about. Yeah, like understanding Lost is even remotely possible.
8) Do a 365 walk project: This continues with a few hitches in the giddyup, so to speak. I didn't walk one day because I went to do the taxes, and then L's b-day, and then the conference. Of course this means I need to walk twice a day - damn Leslie Sanson - anyway.
9) Learn to meditate: Still in progress but the plan is to wake up have a cup of tea (goodbye to coffee - adulthood blows sometimes), mediate for 20 - 30 minutes, then go to work.
10) No computer after 6 pm: I'm pretty sure Supermom is going to kill me if this doesn't get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment