Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Resolution Roundup #1

OK, one month into 2010 and here is the state of my current resolution goals

1) Volunteer
: Yes, once again this on the back burner and maybe a little bit further into the year I will find something that I don't mind doing.

2) Pay down debt: The amount we owe continues to go down, which is in the right direction!

3) Read four books a month: OK, so this one didn't quite live up to its billing. I only read two books this month. This may because of the amount of TV, I've been trying to catch up on (see #7 below). On Crusade was a series of short stories regarding the Knights Templar - some good, some better but it did give me an excellent idea for a story - whether or not his ever comes to fruition is entirely up in the air. Give me time and I will move mountains, give me children and I will move laundry. I can't go into too much detail about My Dead Body - except that Joe Pitt could probably kick the heck out of any vampire ever, granted he wouldn't come out looking pretty - he has already lost a toe, an eye, been shot, stabbed tortured and that was just in the last novel. Charlie Huston has an interesting take on formal punctuation and writing - he doesn't use it. Any reader of this blog will understand why I'm a big fan.


4) Publish: Success, I currently have two articles in press and another under review. I am first author on one of these articles and a co-author on the second. I will get another one submitted this month and then work on a couple more. One I'm finishing analysis on by tieing

5) Clean the Garage:
So I swept out one side of the garage yesterday, and will start moving some of the stuff out next weekend. Of course it did snow a little yesterday, nothing visible it is either that or my chili is ethnogen.

6) Get Maintenance done on the cars:
I started working on the mini-van yesterday - getting the tires re-inflated but not the hood is stuck in the down position so I have to get a wonder bar to pry it open. Grr, I do not like autos - give me a horse any day.

7) Catch up on a boatload of TV shows, mostly beginning with B:
This may be why #3 wasn't as successful as we watched the following seasons of these series.


8) Do a 365 walk project:
So this has been the most successful venture of the resolutions so far. I feel better, more energetic, more patient, and I think I may working off the spare tire around my gut. The way it goes is like this. This month, J will join in.
  1. Monday - 1 mile aerobic walk with weights (20 minutes)
  2. Tuesday - 2 mile aerobic walk with weights (30 minutes)
  3. Wednesday - 30 minute aerobic walk
  4. Thursday - 30 minute aerobic and kick boxing walk
  5. Friday - 1 mile high intensity aerobic walk with weights (20 minutes)
  6. Saturday - 2 mile walk outside with child and/or dog (30 minutes)
  7. Sunday - 2 mile walk outside with child and/or dog (30 minutes)
9) Learn to meditate: I will probably try exploring this later on this month. I need to investigate further and find the best time to try it out. I

10) No computer after 6 pm:
This has been on the level of epic fail. I still feel the need to check e-mail, facebook, twitter, blogs etc.

No comments: