Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday Summary #8 - New years

Well life here at Casa de Chaos continued much as normal this last week of 2009. I went back to work, the kids hung out, played on the computer. However, there was New Year's Eve, which around these parts means Fondue - yes I'm a convert, even though it is very 70s and the 80s are really the in-thing right now. Obviously I'm a rebel. I got one article done and off to co-authors and another one will get finished next week. After that it is off to write on a whole new topic. Anyway, hoping for better luck in 2010 with the whole publication thing.

The highlight of the week was when some friends (with 6 seasons of Buffy for us to borrow) came over for the annual New Years Eve Fondue Fiesta '09. We had a great time the kid ate cheddar ale fondue (which C helped stir), the adults had delicious red wine Fondue with meat and enough dipping items to please anyone. My personal fave was the chipolte and the cowboy sauce (ask J about the recipes). L even partook. You can see a picture of her in her Wisconsin War Paint. I of course continued my annual tradition of not making it 12:00 although I did make it to 11:20 or so. New Years was a quite day of sitting around relaxing and watching enough Buffy to convince any one that vamp do exist and to never move to Sunnydale, CA. even if they do have one of the coolest cemeteries on record. Although I'm not happy about the Watcher's council decision to remove Giles. See you next week.


No comments: