1. Volunteer - Still on the back burner, I will find something
2. Pay down debt -This is still happening but it is hard sometimes.
3. Be a more patient father - With one car and the Jennifer Taxi service in full swing, she has to drop S off, then drop me off at work, then go home, take X to Capoiera on Tuesday, park and play dates plus still do normal Mom stuff, maybe we do need two cars
4. Read two books a month - I only made it through one this month, Anathem by Neal Stephenson - pretty good, takes a while to get going but once you get the lingo down, the story gets faster paced, but the metaphysical discussions were a little hard to read.
5. Publish, Publish, Publish - Two are still out in review, two more will be submitted either this week or next, plus I have a couple more I'm working on. Although this month will be given over to posters for Hawaii.
6. Be a more substantive blogger - I've had to give up this one for the time being, while I focus on family and work, the two major themes in my life. I may start a new series called the Empire of Phil though.
7. Take a vacation - See last month, and number 5. Hopefully, next year will be easier, although I'll be going to Lawrence in Mar. and NM in April.
8. Find a hobby - Perhaps, we will restart our garden now that the weather is breathable and actually contains O2. I suppose this is how a hobby works, you learn what does and doesn't work. I want to grow tomatoes, squash, and melons plus berries. Although were not sure if the compost worms have survived the weather either, the last batch took off as quick as they good.
9. Spend one on one time with my kids every week - Right now, my favorite time is bed time. The other night C and I had the best conversation with her teddy bear and it was enlightening to understand how she processes things. I've also been telling the boys stories. X likes knights and his stories always involve the Red Knight, which he actually fills in most of what happens. I am more of the interlocutor for his ideas. Spencer likes flowers, rainbows, unicorns, etc - I think he takes everyday things too seriously and is both fascinated and afraid of monsters. I hope he doesn't dream like me - which often involve the intersection of Hieronymus Bosch and the movie Dreamscape. My dreams always disturb me and perhaps it why I generally don't remember them. I of course have no idea why I dream this way - maybe something happened when I was little.
2 comments:
Is the whole family coming to Lawrence in March?
We will have to see. If Spencer is in school, maybe not but it is a ways away.
Post a Comment