Friday, June 5, 2009
PD: Day 83 - Working Late
Woke up this morning and headed out to work. Get to work, still no data. Around 11:00 I get a file, but I need to changes somethings in the file. I get that ready and then run the QTLD, which takes most of the afternoon. I want to run a more star spangled analysis that takes into account multiple variants that may be causing a QTL in the gene I'm interested in. This will allow me to determine how much variation is being caused by the various SNPs. Then I need to run a conditional linkage to see if the variant causes the QTL to disappear. I also need this done by Monday, so I can write an abstract that same day. So by the time I get done with this, it is around 8 in the evening and J is tired and in need of a break. So I head home, even though I am about out of gas. I get home, eat a little quiche, the kids and I watch Phineas and Ferb - I kind of like this show. How they get away with everything is quite amazing and any show with a secret agent platypus has to be pretty good. After that we get the kids to sleep, J and I watch The Reader - which is an alright movie. It is watchable and the acting is terrific, I just have a hard time connecting with the characters motives. I'm pretty sure real life isn't this depressing and I'm almost 38, with 4 kids, a wife I love, a job that is awesome, etc. - so it would appear I have the proper experience to evaluate it. Then we head up to bed, I'm quite exhausted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment