Friday, May 29, 2009
PD: Day 76 - Busted
Today, started out normally enough, got up, had a cup of coffee and headed out the door. As I was driving to work I got pulled over for expired plates, good thing I had insurance. This is something I've been meaning to do this for a while and now that I'm hardened criminal in Bexar (pronounced Bear) county it is time. This means I need to get the car inspected then go to the fricking registration place and stand in line for upteen hours. OK, enough I suppose this incentive to get it done and pay the $30 fine for being a dumbass and not doing it earlier. Then to work, a little shaken but good. I work most of the day on the proposal, reading about heart rate. Very little has been done on this phenotype and what has been done is all over the map. This may be due to the complexity of the mechnisms that control heart rate. So unless your scared, running, at the doctor, or an excercise fanatic you don't think about heart rate too much - but it obviously biological and under some form of genetic control but highly elastic to the environment. To this end it is a lot like sleep - a condition that environmentally platic behavior but necessary for survivial (hopefully J starts sleeping soon). After that head home. We have dinner put the kids to sleep. We also watch Zach and Miri make a porno - I don't know why but I like Kevin Smith movies even if they are completely adolescent in content. I have no idea what a Dutch Rudder is but who comes up with stuff like that. It is also not only summer blockbuster movie season but summer stupid movie season as well. Here are two that look pretty good: the Hangover and Year One. Then off to bed and prepare for the zoo tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment