Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PD: Day 74 - Radishes

Woke up this morning and worked out. Not as bad as yesterday but still fairly difficult - these people are way too happy in the morning. I banned TV yesterday for the kids in a fit of paternal rage - so this AM we are attempting to forego the brain sucker/removal device. I do a Sudoku. My defenses weaken towards the end and I cave in and let X watch a Ms. Frizzle show. Then upstairs to get ready for work. Then it is out the door. I always find it interesting that there is little traffic at 8 but if I leave at 7:30 or 8:30 it is insane. Weird, incentive for getting to work around when I want to. I'm by nature a morning person - so I'm more productive in the AM.

I get to work and finish up the bilirubin paper and sent it off. I work on the Mennonite paper in the afternoon. I waiting for some data - so I can write another abstract but that appears to have been put on the back burner. I also need to write a paper on heart rate and get a manuscript proposal done. Plus some paper on the Chibchan Y stuff. Grr too much to do and it is hot. The AC leaks water into the downstairs bathroom and floods the back patio. While the majority of the design of the house is good - the heating/cooling appears to have been an after though in the cookie cutter home. Then home for some dinner. J made a delicious jerked carrot soup- mmmm. The radishes from the garden also came up and so we had some in the salad. Holy Cr*&&^p, we actually grew something and ate. Chock one up to the hobby. This has kind of become a family hobby though. We also have flowers on the cantalope and maybe we will have watermelon. Cool.

In the evening I attempt to put the kids to bed. C is loathe to this idea so we watch a little basketball, some news. The Republicans are all claiming Sotomayor is a reverse racist. Does anybody listen to idiot angry white males anymore. First off - you are not oppressed, you ran the country into the ground for eight years, so you reap with you sow. Then I flick, wow TV is bad. At one level I just want to get rid of the cable. I watch a little Charlie Rose, which is actually decent. Then off to bed. I read a little from my current book, who knew Lincoln's burial place was so controversial and that counterfitting was so prevalent after the Civil War. Then to sleep, hopefully snarfleblat girl does better tonight.

No comments: