So today marks my official 6 month anniversary in the great big state of Texas. I am of course celebrating by driving back with 4 kids and 2 dogs to Kansas to officially get hooded. That way I can become "Hoodie Hooligan, Ph.D." Long story but involved KU basketball and a sports bar with a fairly lengthy dress code. I woke up first this morning and C joined me after awhile, so we kind of moped around downstairs until I caved and let her watch the "Chubcabra" movie, annoying but so worth hearing a 2 year old say "Chubacabra". After J woke up we had b-fast and then went to work cleaning the upstairs of the house, putting away laundry and vacumming.
In the afternoon we headed to a going away party for an API mom that is moving to Kansas City. This was on the other side of the 1604, I'm not sure if I know anyone who lives inside the 410 loop but that is irrelevant. Aside from getting lost at first we found it, it is a good thing I have a wife willing to ask for directions. The couple we went to visit had a huge backyard and enough Star Wars toys to keep X busy for a lifetime. Everyone had a great time and got some sun, fun, and really tired. When we got home I put the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie on in Spanish and no one noticed. Then it was bed time. OK J and I planned to watch Chronicles of Riddick but I was exhausted and went to sleep. Tomorrow is mother's day and hopefully we can have a relaxing day like this one.
2 comments:
i live within 410, fyi... :) so, you now know someone.
I stand corrected, I do know someone in the 410.
Post a Comment