Wednesday, April 29, 2009
PD: Day 46 - Work from home.
I went into work this morning but the outlook for a new hard drive today is bleak so I call the PC guy and get an assessment of how long this will take. After thinking about it I head home. I have some work I can get done there and I have the sniffles. No, I don't think I have the porcine flu or as S calls it the Swine. This morning he looked at X, and said "X, I need to tell you something, there is a new sickness called the swine and people are dying from it" Then the both went running, like coked out spider monkeys, through the big room. I work on a few things, first of which is clearing a work space out in the office for me to work at. I log in and do some work from home. I also get some comments back on the Mennonite paper. I don't really like the map and I want to add something but other than that the paper is starting to look good. Send it out to the other co-authors. In the afternoon, I get a new e-mail suggesting that the PC is f**ed. I wonder if those PC guys on the commercials (you know the veiled microserf ones ) would buy me a new one. OK, that is OK. I'm really not feeling well and I wonder how much is psycho-somatic and how much is real. However, the river of mucous flowing from my head is telling me this is pretty real. The media is very vague on what constitutes symptoms to this flu and exactly what is going. This is the problem with the 24 hr. news cycle. Too much info and not enough analysis or critical thinking. I go upstairs and lie down, finish my book. I'll blog on that this weekend and pick up the next one. I try and go to sleep and eventually fall alseep but keep waking up due to the drainage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment