So this week I thought I would do something new with the blog and try to describe a week in my life, day by day. Hopefully this experiment will work in a stream of consciousness James Joyceian type of way. So I will update through out the day and post it later that evening. Probably at 3:00 AM when I'm up with L.
I woke up today with C and X in X's room. At 3:00 in the morning I had been up with L. I had gone in there after bringing her back upstairs. Often time nighttime has become a musical bed type of situation, with kids moving between rooms and parents moving them in and out of rooms. Sometimes everyone ends up with us and then we have to move to one of the kids beds. Then the kids move in with us. Then one of us moves back to the big bed. Really kind of confusing but at one level we are dealing with everyone adjusting to the arrival of L, so when she wakes up to eat the kids wake up as well. That and it has been cold in south Texas, OK this is embarrassing, in the forties but the house is built to keep in the cold and not the heat. Darn acclimation.
So S came in and woke me up, he wanted his morning hot milk. So C, S, X, and myself trucked downstairs to get their hot milk . I needed a little more relaxation so I turned Scooby-Doo:Pirates Ahoy on the brain sucker. This is usually good for about 20 minutes before one of them gets distracted and heads back upstairs. Today, it was C who came up to dress highly inappropriately for the weather, shorts and a t-shirt. There could be caribous and Eskimos outside and she'll still find away to wear climatic inaprropriate attire. Makes me nervous about the teenage years.
At one point we came down for coffee and breakfast. The kids sucked back some butter toast, while J and I had a yumelette (ham, cotswald cheese, and eggs) plus my obligatory one cup of coffee. We ended up watching Brigette's sexiest beaches on the brain sucker. I am attracted to bad T.V. train wrecks. I will usually watch one of these on Bravo or the travel channel a week then feel superior for a couple of hours, then oddly quiet dirty afterwards. Oddly enough it was on Gold Coast, Australia, where 95% of the Australians I work with originated.
Sunday is usually clean up day around the house. Ranger went on a rampage yesterday, while we were out (side note, everything here takes a long time, I have no idea why but a trip to the grocery store can easily suck up 2.5 hours, plus we went to the bank, lunch, and home depot) so there is plenty of laundry that needs to be cleaned, including our own. I was in charge of re-organizing the counter. In the kitchen we have a bar, which has quickly become a crap counter as it is high enough to be out of the reach of children and the dog. So I cleaned that off and went around the living room picking up toys and bringing them upstairs. Then I needed to re-organize the video cabinet, which had been hit by hurricane Kiddd(+1). After that it was time for lunch, cold cuts, cheese, and crackers followed by a fruit shake. J has learned how to make yogurt in the crockpot, which is super cool as we (i.e. J. ) can control what goes into it. After lunch X and I watched X-men Last Stand (in case you're wondering today is also a relaxing day for me).
After the movie I needed to install the new wirless router and printer I bought last week. Our previous router met an untimely demise when C decided to take them out when she was 1, apparently she had a personal vendetta against linksys. After a little fussing around I was able to get this installed so now we can move the laptop away from next to the TV and put it in it's rightfull place in the office where it belongs (once this is organized better I'll take a pic and throw it up). The printer install went smoothly and now J has a printer at home, so I don't have to lug things home from work, yeah. At some point during this process J had to leave and go take care of a friends pet, they were out of town for the day and so they asked to look after their dog. Alone in the house with four kids, nooo. Actually not too bad X and S took some of the packing material from the printer and router box to make spaceships and were busily playing astronaut and castles. C was busy making several wardrobe changes and L was asleep.
By the time J came back it was time for dinner, pork roast with kilebasa cooked inside it (meat within meat you have to love those crazy hungarians), sauage and potatoes, an awesome honey mustard gravy, and cake. Granted the cake collapsed but this made it more fun to eat. After dinner it was time for the kids to get ready for bed. Sunday is also family movie night and because S won the quiet game on Saturday - he chose Horton Hears a Who. S has been after me to watch this movie all week and it is a nice funny little movie as well as being my favorite Dr. Seuss book of all time. During this J snuck out to let to dog out one more time. After the movie we listened to a little light classical (known as sleepy time around our house) and the kids went out and do did Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment