Overall, the movie was all right. Indiana Solo (Harrison Ford) is really young, the film also stars River Phoenix, and Helen Mirren. It is a pretty good character study akin to There Will be Blood. At first you kind of like the main character, Alix Fox, due to his eccentricities, but by the end you realize he is a selfish mad man. He is determined to drag his family down with him unless they break free. I won't give away the ending but it was kind of a let down. I also wasn't sure when the Yanamamo moved to Honduras, but maybe they were the Tawakha Sumo.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Day 35: Spencer prepares for the Mosquito Coast (4/24/2008)
I recently rented the Mosquito Coast off of Netflix. After having visited just south of there last Fall, I thought it might be entertaining to check it out and parts of it looked very similar to Caribbean Nicaragua. Spencer was fascinated by the whole thing and because of the rain in the backyard put on his "Rama boots" and pretended we moved to Central America.

Overall, the movie was all right. Indiana Solo (Harrison Ford) is really young, the film also stars River Phoenix, and Helen Mirren. It is a pretty good character study akin to There Will be Blood. At first you kind of like the main character, Alix Fox, due to his eccentricities, but by the end you realize he is a selfish mad man. He is determined to drag his family down with him unless they break free. I won't give away the ending but it was kind of a let down. I also wasn't sure when the Yanamamo moved to Honduras, but maybe they were the Tawakha Sumo.
Overall, the movie was all right. Indiana Solo (Harrison Ford) is really young, the film also stars River Phoenix, and Helen Mirren. It is a pretty good character study akin to There Will be Blood. At first you kind of like the main character, Alix Fox, due to his eccentricities, but by the end you realize he is a selfish mad man. He is determined to drag his family down with him unless they break free. I won't give away the ending but it was kind of a let down. I also wasn't sure when the Yanamamo moved to Honduras, but maybe they were the Tawakha Sumo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment