Monday, January 7, 2008

Project 365 Day 7: Technology @!**&!@

You ever notice that every piece of software offered indicates that it will save you time. Well Endnote is one of those pieces of software that really doesn't live up to its billing. Especially if you use the version X1 with Vista. Talk about a pair of misfits made in heaven.

I've been writing a 50 page document on Genetics and Central America. Of course me being me decided I would wait until the end to format the bibliography. I generally just write with the citations and then fill in the blanks at the end. This is of course, not smart, I know that, but when you get into a writing groove you have to go with it because you never know when the bug will hit again. The best way to be a proficient writer is to write everyday. In a perfect world this would be easy, but with multiple tasks on the plate it can get difficult. Anyway, what I don't understand about Endnote is the insertions and then when I try to CWYW into Word 2007 it formats the citations differently then it does in Word 2003 so the citations don't match. Grr. There has to be a better way

No comments: